“Moore and Hoke County residents who graduate from a public/private high school or registered home school having completed four dual enrollment courses at Sandhills will pay no tuition at the college for the two years immediately following high school graduation.”
- The student must be a resident of Moore or Hoke County.
- Be a high school graduate (public or private) or registered home-school equivalent and plan to attend SCC as a degree-seeking, curriculum student the fall semester immediately following his or her high school graduation.
- Successfully completed at least four dual-enrollment courses through the Career and College Promise program at SCC with a GPA of 2.0 or higher by the time of high school graduation. (Class of 2017 high school graduates who enter in fall 2017 are required to successfully complete at least two dual-enrollment courses through the CCP program at SCC).
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Sandhills Community College Scholarship application process annually
For students who meet all the required criteria, Sandhills Community College will agree to pay the tuition and technology/activity fees up to the in-state rate for two years, including summer terms.
- Funding from federal and state grants, scholarships, and outside funding must be exhausted before SCC begins paying.
- The two years eligibility begins in the fall semester after high school graduation and ends following the summer semester of the second year.
- The program will be funded in part by an expansion of the college’s Guarantors Program.
- SCC will cover tuition up to the in-state rate for courses taken by out of state students. If an out of state student receives other forms of financial aid that cover the in-state tuition portion, the student will not be eligible for the Sandhills Promise Program.
- Once enrolled, students must continuously meet the financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards outlined by the state and federal government (maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA and complete at least 67% of all courses attempted at Sandhills Community College).
For more information please contact,
Jonathan Garrison, Scholarship Coordinator