Southeastern Tool and Die, a one-stop metal fabrication shop located in Aberdeen, NC, is looking for a Project/Industrial Engineer to join our team! Southeastern Tool and Die is an industry leader that provides award-winning machining and fabrication to companies, worldwide. Our goal is to provide turn-key solutions while maintaining consistent quality in the products we produce and integrity in the services we provide.
Our company offers top pay and benefits package as well as opportunities for advancement, company paid training and continuing education.
The Project/Industrial Engineer will facilitate team development and bring insight into processes, development performance monitoring and measuring tools, analyze and implement performance to provide monthly and quarterly business insights and recommend areas of improvement for our service infrastructure to enhance our capabilities and drive the business progress to ensure customer satisfaction.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Work with all departments to plan, instruct, and complete production and shipment of customer parts, ensuring efficiency of material, machine, and employee resources
- Work with customers and management to develop standards, coordinate activities, and production planning to ensure that products meet quality standards
- Confer with clients about product specifications, management about manufacturing capabilities, and staff about the status of projects
- Identify operational issues affecting production and quality and make process change recommendations to improve performance while increasing output and decreasing costs
- Complete time studies, research, gather and analyze data to make recommendations to plant manager and president on how to improve overall department efficiencies
- Complete cost analysis and present and propose changes to improve operations
- 2-5 years in an Engineering experience preferably in manufacturing environment (specifically sheet metal)
- Demonstrated ability to influence change and process improvement with a focus on delivery measurable results
- In-depth experience with costing, time studies, 5S, and lean manufacturing
BA in Engineering: mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, or general