- Remember, REDUCE, REUSE, then RECYCLE.
- Switch your billing statements from paper to electronic, and while you’re at it opt out or unsubscribe from all that junk mail!
- Bring your own reusable water bottle to campus. Filtered water fountains are now available in Dempsey and Logan. They also have a bottle filling station!
- Use public transportation, foot power (bike) and/or carpool to get to work/class.
- Turn off your computer and other electronics at night as well as unplug. Plugs and adapters draw out energy even when not in use.
- Fix leaky faucets. One faucet leaking a drop a minute wastes about 34 gallons of water a year!
- Turn off lights when leaving rooms. Open curtains to let in natural light during the day.
- Use reusable shopping bags! They hold more items and are easier to carry around. Student Life has free “SCC Loves Our Planet” bags upstairs in Dempsey! Stop by and pick one up then…
- Join the Sandhills Farm 2 Table Co-Op and sign up for a weekly produce box!
- Support and shop at our local farmer’s markets!
The downtown Southern Pines Moore County Farmers market has opened for the season. It is Saturday’s from 8-12 p.m in the park in downtown. Or at First Health on Mondays from 2:00 pm to 5:30 and on Morganton Road (Amory Sports Complex) on Thursdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm year-round.
The Pinehurst Farmers Market is also open. Markets will be hosted through September 30, 2017. Markets are held twice a week: Wednesday’s 3 pm – 6 pm Saturday’s 10 am – 1 pm on the Village Green in the heart of the Village of Pinehurst.
The Aberdeen Farmers Market is Saturdays from 12 – 4 pm downtown Aberdeen.
What are some different ways you plan on protecting and preserving the Earth in the years to come?