Southeastern Tool and Die, a one-stop metal fabrication shop located in Aberdeen, NC, is looking for a Purchasing Agent to join our team! Southeastern Tool and Die is an industry leader that provides award-winning machining and fabrication to companies, worldwide. Our goal is to provide turn-key solutions while maintaining consistent quality in the products we produce and integrity in the services we provide.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for procurement of materials while delivering substantial cost savings without compromising quality. The successful candidate will develop a broad understanding of Southeastern’s purchasing process and proactively identify any areas that need improvement. They will also continually develop and implement a process improvement plan with the end result desired by the company, and customer, in mind.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Promote cross-functional interaction with other departments to establish processes, policies, and procedures to manage the demand for materials and services
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and leverage business to achieve a reduction in costs, terms, quality, communication, etc.
- Maintain purchasing related supplier information in company ERP system
- Resolve order discrepancies
- Implement supply chain initiatives and look for streamlining opportunities while adhering to best practices
- Identify single source situations by exploring other supply sources to mitigate risks
- Evaluate supplier performance by looking at deliveries, communication, pricing, and terms
- Analyze market conditions to assist in the planning of sales trends
- Prioritize purchases according to production’s needs
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and sharp negotiating skills
- Proven track record of supplier management
- Robust knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
- Strong relationship building, influencing, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- ERP/MRP experience and expert knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Prefer at minimum an Associate’s Degree in Business Discipline
- 4+ years sourcing and purchasing experience
Please send resume to:
Stephanie Daugherty, HR/EHS Manager, 910-944-7677